Prompt-Engineer / AI-Evangelist at 20 Minuten
Posted on (a month ago)
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Industry: Newspaper Publishing
Job Type: full-time
Experience Level: entry-level
Launched at the end of 1999 for a young and urban audience in the Zurich region, the commuter newspaper '20 Minuten' has become the Swiss media title with the highest reach, with a presence in German-speaking Switzerland, Western Switzerland, and Ticino. In eight printed local editions five times a week and digitally around the clock, '20 Minuten' informs and entertains in three languages with stories from politics, economy, sports, and entertainment. On digital channels, '20 Minuten' also offers moving images, audio formats, radio, and other forward-looking technologies. '20 Minuten' is part of the TX Group.
As the most widely-read media brand in Switzerland, 20 Minuten always uses the latest technological possibilities to offer its readers the best user experience. The use of artificial intelligence to improve our products and our work is an integral part of this strategy. To be able to optimally use the possibilities of AI in the interest of the readers, we are looking for a Prompt Engineer/AI Evangelist immediately.
- You are responsible for creating and continuously developing prompt catalogs for generating editorial as well as commercial content.
- You work closely with the editors of the 20 Minuten group and actively shape the development and implementation of AI-supported tools for journalistic and commercial content on all channels - from online to social media to the print edition.
- You are the interface between the editorial team and IT and ensure that the editorial requirements are implemented within the technical possibilities so that user-friendliness is always paramount.
- You are the first point of contact for all concerns in the area of AI in the 20 Minuten editorial department and are in close contact with the management, corporate development, editor-in-chief, and decision-makers in IT.
- You organize training for the editorial team to make them fit for the use of AI and to inspire them for it.
- You enjoy a high degree of independence in project work and implementation within a dynamic team.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of current AI technologies and their application possibilities in the media industry.
- You want to develop and implement new AI-based solutions for content creation with a lot of initiative and commitment.
- You keep up with enthusiasm all the time, what are the latest developments in the field of artificial intelligence.
- You have already gained experience in the media environment, ideally in an editorial office, and understand the processes and requirements of a news portal.
- You are a team player and ready to take responsibility for the further development of AI at 20 Minuten.
- Work-level proficiency of German (assumed based on original job posting)
- Five weeks of vacation with the option of seven weeks and vacation purchase
- Flexible working time models and mobile-office possibilities
- Salary oriented to the market, performance, and success
- Numerous discounts, e.g. mobile subscription, Digital TV, bicycle rental, car purchase
- Comprehensive free offer in the area of health promotion (coaching, Health Coach app, flu vaccination, various trainings)
- Opportunity for unpaid leave up to a maximum of six months
- Additional half days off before certain holidays
- Employee recruitment: bonus up to CHF 2'000
- Comprehensive training and education program (leadership training, mentoring, development programs, language courses, Sales Academy, personal competence, methodological competence, project management, change management, and much more)
- Digital and print subscription / free and discounted range of subscriptions