Prompt Engineer at Aurecon
Posted on (2 months ago)
Location: Perth, Australia
Industry: Design Services
Job Type: full-time
Experience Level: mid-senior-level
Want to bring ideas to life?
You’re in the right place. If you’re looking for a fresh challenge, why choose Aurecon? It comes down to one, crucial question. What kind of world do you want to create for the next generation? Truth is, the decisions being made right now will determine the future of everything – from the local community to the entire planet. One of those decisions is: who do you decide to work for?
How will your ideas contribute to shaping what’s next?
Aurecon's award-winning Digital team is looking for a motivated Prompt Engineer to join our AI team.
In this role, you will work on designing and optimising prompts to improve the capabilities of our AI assistant.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a meaningful impact on our AI assistant's capabilities, work closely with our world-class AI team and have the latest large language models at your fingertips.
- Collaborate with linguists, computer scientists, and subject matter experts to understand the company's AI assistant goals and capabilities
- Research and analyse large language models like GPT-3/4 Llama 2 and others to identify areas for prompt optimisation
- Design, write, and test prompts aimed at improving the assistant's abilities in areas like natural language understanding, common sense reasoning, and empathy
- Iterate on prompts based on test results to further refine and optimise performance
- Document prompt engineering processes and prompt datasets
- Stay up-to-date on the latest AI research and developments in prompt engineering
- Engage and train business stakeholders on how prompt engineering can help them.
- Evangelise generative ai and its capabilities across the organisation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Linguistics or related field
- Understanding of natural language processing and machine learning
- Experience with large language models and prompt engineering
- Ability to write clear, effective prompts
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
- Passion for advancing AI capabilities through prompt optimisation
- Proficiency in Python; experience with frameworks like HuggingFace
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work
- Working holidays
- Part-time and job share options
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive paid parental leave
- Cultural public holiday swaps
- Wellbeing support programmes