Prompt Engineer at Usable Machines
Posted on (8 months ago)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Industry: Software Development
Job Type: full-time
Experience Level: entry-level
We are an innovative startup company at the forefront of the AI transformation under way. Our mission is to create a world where enterprise knowledge workers can harness the power of AI with no-code workflows, all within a safe and secure platform. We believe the power of the newest AI models, generative AI, and large language models connected to workers' existing company knowledge base will have a radical impact on knowledge workers' productivity and will raise the floor for all workers. Positioned at the forefront of a major technical revolution, we are on track to be one of the great companies in the AI industry. Join us on this exciting journey and make a lasting impact on the future of AI technology.
As a Prompt Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and refining text prompts that are used to train and control large language models. You will work closely with product, engineering, and data science to ensure that our prompts are accurate, engaging, and relevant. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and demonstrated team-player. You'll be an early member at a high growth startup, with a chance to play a significant role in building and bringing a new generative AI product to market.
- Develop and refine text prompts for a variety of tasks, including generating text, translating languages, writing different kinds of creative content, and answering questions in an informative way.
- Work with product, engineering, and data science teams to gather requirements and design prompts that meet the needs of our users.
- Test and evaluate the performance of prompts to ensure that they are producing the desired results.
- Document and share best practices for prompt engineering with the team.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research and trends in prompt engineering.
- Work with large enterprise customers on their prompting strategies.
- As this is a newly developing field, please include a submission of a specific prompt engineering project on LLMs you've worked on. Ideally this project should show off a complex and clever prompting architecture or a systematic evaluation of an LLM's behavior.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, linguistics, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of the architecture and operation of large language models.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for making powerful technology safe and societally beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and ramp up quickly with minimal guidance
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
- Onsite in Venice CA (for now - may extend to remote in the future)
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation and paid time off policies
- A flexible and dynamic work environment with opportunities for occasional remote work
- The opportunity to work alongside a talented team of engineers and innovators
- A chance to be part of a groundbreaking company shaping the future of generative AI